The Ruth Mott Foundation’s beautification funding is dedicated to initiatives that help create safe, attractive and livable communities. We support activities around neighborhoods, land use, and parks and public spaces that:
• Involve residents in planning the kind of community they want to live in
• Transform and enliven public places
• Offer sustainable solutions to challenges with parks systems and other public spaces
• Engage citizen-led efforts to increase community livability and safety
• Develop leadership that will support long term change
Please visit the grants database for examples of recently funded projects. If you need more information about our funding priorities, please contact a program officer.