The Ruth Mott Foundation's mission is to advocate, stimulate, and support community vitality. Our commitment is to base the Foundation in its home community of Flint, Michigan.
The Foundation envisions communities of hope and pride, whose neighborhood environments and urban core are safe, attractive and healthy, enriched by cultural diversity and an engaged citizenry.
Ruth Mott's values and conduct inspire us to:
• Be welcoming, inclusive and egalitarian.
• Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
• Act with kindness and good humor.
• Promote civic hope and pride.
• Encourage personal responsibility.
• Practice prevention.
• Maintain the "long view."